* Removal and deportation defense

* Family-based petitions

Green card through marriage, fiance visas and "stateside waivers."

* Investor visas

* Citizenship and Naturalization

* Asylum, victims of crime and domestic violence

* Appeals

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

​* Employment Visas, Employers and I-9 compliance

​* International Adoptions (convention, non-convention and orphans)

Removal and Representation in Immigration Court:  If you or a family member has been detained, you need to act quickly in order to answer  the charges on the "notice to appear," determine if you are eligible for bond and begin to work on possible routes to relief.  I have a proven track record in securing the best possible relief for my clients and good relationships with the the agencies that can help you.

Family Based Petitions:   United States Citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents can petition certain family members to come from their home countries. I have helped literally hundreds of families reunite with their parents, children, brothers and sisters.  I can assist you no matter where you are in the process and even if you have a difficult or complicated case such as when the petitioner dies (humanitarian reinstatement) or when one of the children ages out (Child Status Protection Act).

Green card through marriage, Fiance Visas and "Stateside Waivers:"  Citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents can petition their spouses to come to the United States. I have helped hundreds of clients bring their spouses here, including same-sex couples. If you are a citizen, you may also petition your fiance to come and then get married here after he or she arrives. If your spouse is already here and you are married, I can successfully help "adjust their status" which will result in them getting a green card. If your spouse entered without an inspection and is not eligible to adjust, he or she may be eligible for the new stateside or provisional waiver which will allow them to consular process without the uncertainty and length of absence of previous waivers.  

Investor Visas: Foreign national entrepreneurs who wish to become permanent residents and ultimately citizens can take advantage of the EB-5 investor program created by Congress in 1990 in order to promote job creation and capitol investment in the United States. I can help you prepare a successful EB-5 petition which benefits both the community with a new commercial enterprise and the investor who can secure permanent residence. I can also provide representation with other specialized employment based visas such as:

​EB-1: Foreign Nationals who demonstrate extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics; outstanding professors and researchers; multinational managers or executives.

EB-2: Foreign Nationals with advanced degrees, exceptional ability or national interest waivers. The national interest waiver allows the alien to waive the labor certification process because they possess an exceptional ability that would benefit our country and serve our national interest.

​EB-3: This preference category provides for eligibility for those foreign nationals who are skilled workers, professionals and other workers.

​EB-4: Eligibility for this preference category is reserved for "special Immigrants" including religious workers, physicians, broadcasters and certain members of the armed forces and NATO-6.

Citizenship and Naturalization:  This step is the culmination of the realization of the American Dream.  Citizenship provides many rights and requires new responsibilities.  I have successfully helped countless individuals with the application process and preparing for the interview and the test. I will be with you every step of the way and can help make the dream of citizenship a reality for you.  If you are worried that past criminal conduct or other complications may prevent you from being eligible, please call my office for a free consultation.

Asylum: If you have a credible fear of returning to your home country, I can help you apply for the related forms of relief known as asylum, withholding of removal or the Convention Against Torture.  Successful asylum applicants are eligible to apply for a green card after one year.

Victims of domestic violence and crime victims:  This an area of special expertise for me as I have successfully assisted many victims of domestic violence with VAWA self petitions and U visas.  If your spouse or former spouse is abusive or cruel and is leveraging the immigration process against you, there is something you can do. Call me for a free, confidential and safe consultation. In addition, if you are present in the country without documents and have been the victim of a crime, you may be eligible for relief.  

Appeals: If you have been to immigration court and had an unfavorable result, there may still be some ways for you to stay longer by appealing your case to the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) or the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.  With adequate grounds, you have the right to appeal your case and I can assist with the process to make sure that every possible legal remedy is explored on your behalf.

Deferred Action For Childhood Arrivals (DACA):​  This is another area of special expertise for me. I have helped hundreds of young people throughout the state and in other states successfully request deferred action and employment eligibility.  If you are a young person who is undocumented and arrived here under the age of sixteen, you may be eligible.  Please contact me for a free consultation.  If you are eligible, I can help you become safe from deportation, seek lawful employment, go to college and pay resident tuition and get a driver's license. Don't wait any longer to realize your dreams.

Employment and Employers:​  In addition to the EB visas described above, there are many categories of eligibility for foreign nationals seeking to live and work either temporarily or permanently in the U.S. If you are an employer who would like to bring in a worker or help someone work for you who is already here, I can assist you.

I can also provide one-time or ongoing consultation and technical assistance to employers and business owners with I-9 compliance. Form I-9 is used for verifying the identity and employment eligibility of individuals hired for employment.  All U.S. employers must ensure proper completion of Form I-9 for each individual they hire for employment.  This includes citizens and non-citizens. Compliance with the provisions of this form are mandatory and employers who do not comply or accurately and properly maintain their records are subject to harsh penalties. I have helped many Maui County business owners avoid expensive and potentially ruinous audits. Stop worrying about whether you are in compliance and call me for a one-time compliance review or ongoing I-9 compliance consulting.

International Adoptions:​  On April 1, 2008 The United States enacted its rules as a signatory to the Hague Convention governing intercountry adoptions between the member nations. This allows for a process for prospective adoptive parents who habitually reside in the United States to adopt children who are residents of other Convention countries. There are also provisions in the INA for adopting children from non Convention countries and orphans.  If you are a prospective parent interested in adopting please see me.  I have a partner attorney who practices family law and together with you we can use a team approach to successfully navigate the new Convention rules and help you start or add to your family.

Call for Initial Consultation

Compassionate - Experienced - Dedicated


Maui Immigration Law, LLC

                Attorney at law: immigration law